Movie Review Menu

Update

Friday, June 15, 2012

What is truly a magic?

"Be so good at something that even if you told me how you do it, I will still not be as good at it as you are." 

Well, I was just watching random Youtube videos when I stumbled upon the episodes of Penn & Teller: Fool Us, a British TV show, that invites guest magicians to let them try their tricks on stage to impress Penn Teller.  I must say my first impressions for Penn and Teller, two Texans and hosts of the show, were that of one of those hosts who know as little about the intricacies of the subject of the show as you and I. But, to my surprise, Penn and Teller turn out to be one of the best magicians (or illusionists and all that) I've ever seen (great judges for the show!).

What impressed me the most is the video I've posted below. It shows how the sleigh of hand is performed exactly. And I've learnt a lot from this one video today. I think it is not just the ability to know something but to actually master that something and be an expert and a sage in that one thing which then becomes conducive to unbelievable results and hence success. Try watching this video where Penn dictates all the steps involved in sleigh of hand as Teller performs. We can try this all day long and we cannot perform this.  You might get lucky at this particular trick but try using this with other props, no chance in hell! My point is... well it's the heading of this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment