Movie Review Menu

Update

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bill O'reilly and "Why conservatives hate leftists?"

Over the past few months, I've watched bawling Bill O'reilly via countless Youtube videos (actually never seen him on TV!) and I have nothing but adoration for his use of theatricality and corrosive criticism to convey his point. The man is absolutely irresistible. I have seen more of him than Letterman, South Park, Movie critic reviews, star interviews, and all that combined. So, am I a fan of Big Billy? Absolutely. But not the kind who leaps on each and every single one of his New York Times bestsellers but the kind who likes audacity of a man to push forward in any circumstances in general.  And that's why he gets paid so much.  I don't appreciate his perceptive all the time but here is this one time (or one of the very few) that I do...

Bill O'reilly is a die hard conservative who proclaims to be an independent when I have yet to see him praise a Democrat  for anything (even for personality!) and ridicule any step taken by any Republican. On his O'reilly factor, Bill invited Monica Novoa, campaign coordinator for Drop the I-word movement, a campaign to ban the usage of the word "illegal" in the description "illegal immigration".  Now, I don't feel sorry for this girl even when I wanted to before I played the video. Here's why... 


Billy was as polite as he has ever been even when he knew the movement was as stupid as it could get.  The fact that some libertines think that the word illegal is unethical, racist, demonizing or evil is absurd but that's beside the point.  I am simply shocked that the most talented speaker this movement could find was this girl.  Bill was more interested in her personal views toward illegal immigration than he was in the movement to begin with, primarily because she had a checkered immigration history. I think this was an opportunity for the girl to stand tall and defend for something more logical (like my personal view suggests support for deferred action by Obama) than Drop the I-word thing.  But she was flabbergasted by the very first question "Did you come here illegally yourself?" which was a tactic of course. But it is past. She is legal now.  I think she should have declared her illegal past and then proceeded to provide her personal views to O'reilly as a reprisal. It would've made for an interesting show at least and earned viewer's respect. All she did was dodge the question that Billy repeatedly posed about her suggestions for illegal immigration by trying to explain her support for Drop the... uh... (the key word being "trying"). Billy, being a veteran, made it absolutely clear that "you are here to talk about what I want to talk about" than some illogical movement. 

Well, earlier I pointed out that Billy was polite to Ms. Novoa but I forgot to mention why.  Well, he didn't have an opposition as he hoped for as he points "you have not even thought this out".  I think Ms. Novoa had no answers to begin with rather than just unwilling to provide them so as not to get O'Reilled!  (For those who are unaware of Billy..start with fucking thing sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment